The Piscataqua Maritime Commission proudly hosts Sail PortsmouthTM each summer, bringing tall ships to the New Hampshire Seacoast.
Sail Portsmouth 2012 is now a happy memory. Although each year is a little different, depending on our visiting ships and their availability, this page gives you an idea of what you will find and what you can do at our annual festival, Sail Portsmouth.
Day sails, Parade of Sail, Deck tours, Captains' Reception, Exhibits, Food, Music, and Souvenirs! A fun event for pirates of all ages!
WHEN Thursday-Sunday, July 12-15, 2012 Schedule and Ticket Info
- Deck Tours and Captains' Reception: Commercial Fishing Pier, Peirce Island, Portsmouth, NH Find us
- Day Sails: UNH pier in New Castle, NH Find us
WHO Our visiting vessels are Pride of Baltimore II, Providence, and Portsmouth's gundalow, Piscataqua Read more
WHAT TO DO
- Relax and daydream on a 2-hour day sail on the Pride or the Providence
- Be a passenger in the thrilling Parade of Sail into Portsmouth harbor accompanied by tugs, fireboats, private boats, and cannon salutes
- Witness the majesty of the Parade of Sail on Friday morning - good viewing spots are Four Tree Island in Portsmouth, Great Island Common and Portsmouth Yacht Club in New Castle, Ft. Foster in Kittery. Parade departs 2KR at approximately 8:30 am, arrives Fish Pier, Peirce Island at approximately 9:30 am
- Join the Parade of Sail in your private vessel Click here for information
- Come to the Welcoming Ceremony at Fish Pier on Friday, July 13, 12 noon, to greet our ships, their captains and crews, and open the festival
- Board the vessels and explore their decks at Fish Pier
- Say hello to Miss New Hampshire 2012, Megan Lyman, on Friday, July 13, at 3 pm
- Under the tent, find maritime Exhibitors, fresh food from Seaport Fish, souvenir merchandise for pirates big and small
- Did we say "pirates"? Yes, a band of pirates will be roaming about! New England Brethern of Pirates
- Hear the Piscataqua River Brass perform at 3 pm on Sunday, July 15, at Fish Pier
- Use your Sail Portsmouth ticket for half-price admission to many historic sites. Click here to see story
- Dine and chat with the captains and crews at the Captains' Reception on Saturday evening
- Volunteer to work the event - lots of fun and you are invited to the Volunteer Cookout on Sunday evening
- Reserve a booth for your maritime related organization in the Exhibitors' tent